If my postings have been a little sparse of late there is a reason; I have been busy doing other things.
Since that time more and more material had been added to the site. A website expert told me at one time that the site had been added to and patched up so many times that it was like an old car that had been repaired so much that the only cure was to get a new one.
Originally for the first year or so there was no mention of bicycles on the site, or my previous involvement in once building frames. At the time I had been away from the bicycle business for nine years, and had completely lost touch.
Then people started contacting me, telling me that they still owned and rode bikes that I built. A Bicycle Section was added, and this grew and grew as people sent me more pictures.
For the last six months I have been unable to update the old website or repair broken links, etc. I had been slowly building a new site to replace the old one and it was almost finished when about a couple of weeks ago the old website died completely, and disappeared from the Internet.
I have been scrambling to get the new one up and running. The new website is up, but parts are still under construction. Pages 4 and 5 of the bicycle section are still blank. Pictures are to be added.
While all this was going on I am deeply involved in another project; making replacement decals for the various model frames I built over the years. It is not viable to have decals commercially printed, as I would have to buy them in quantities numbering in the hundreds.
A quick look through my bike registry shows me that many of the frames I built still have the original paint and do not need a re-paint. I need to be able to produce the decals myself in small numbers, in an economical fashion.
I believe what I am doing is inventing a whole new process to produce the decals; it involves a lot of experimentation and testing. I am getting close to having a finished product, for more news watch this space as they say.