Over a week ago my hard drive failed on my PC and I have been trying since to restore my files that were backed up on online.
The restore kept failing, or so I thought. My latest attempt started last Friday afternoon and the restore process ran for over 48 hours until Sunday evening when I decided it was not working again and I canceled the restore.
This was stupid, stupid, stupid, on my part because it appears the "Cancellation" process may take another 48 hours, proving that it was working, but that it is an extremely long process.
But no one told me that because the tech guys are all "Off Shore" and they don't communicate too well, so I am having to learn myself, the hard way.
When the "Cancellation" process is done, (There is not way I can reverse it, apparently.) I will then be at the point I started. All very frustrating.
The posts I made last week, I did on my old computer, but as I only have one Internet connection, I can only run one at a time. I am posting this on a friend's PC, and setting it to auto-post Monday morning, as I know people will be expecting to hear from me..
Anyway, this too will pass, eventually, and I can get back to my normal bi-weekly posts, so just bear with me and check back later.
In the mean time I just need to let the restore process run its course, and I'll probably go ride my bike while it is doing its thing.
Update: After multiple attempts I finally retrieved my files on Thursday, 19th. November